Careers advice and guidance is important in Shoeburyness High School. We fully support all students with a robust process to allow them to plan their futures. With support from a Careers Leader and independent Careers Adviser we are able to offer a range of fully funded careers programmes, workshops and mock interviews. Our curriculum also fully supports careers with individual departments offering action packed lessons based on career choices. In addition to this, during period one, we have a full programme of learning activities, linked to future aspirations, for each year group.
Good quality careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) has never been more important. Recent studies highlight that careers talks and employer engagement allows students to achieve career goals and motivate them to work harder to reach their full potential.
We are committed to providing the very best in careers education and using the eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance we measure our strengths and areas for development.
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
All Shoeburyness students will:
- Gain a thorough insight into the world of work.
- Be fully prepared to overcome challenges faced in the world of work.
- Understand the labour market and the key employees in the local area.
- Learn how to improve career prospects with individualised mock interviews and CV writing guidance.
- Take part in various work related activities both inside and outside of school (Work experience).
- Have a one to one meeting at least once with the independent Careers Advisor.
We welcome feedback and meetings with parents and students at open evenings and options evenings to offer advice and guidance for future career choices.
Mrs Sarah Walls. Career Leader sarahwalls@shoeburyness,southend.sch.uk
Mr Steve Cooper. Career Advisor email@example.com